The El Dorado Hills chapter of the El Dorado County Friends of the Library has raised more than $500,000 for the El Dorado Hills Library since the library was built in 2006. The organization provides essential funds to purchase books and other materials (DVDs, eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, newspapers) and to support children’s programming and events. As the library's budget is slashed and resources strained year after year, the community support of the EDH Friends of the Library becomes even more vital to maintaining this educational and social jewel in our community.
Join and Support
The El Dorado Hills Friends of the Library relies on memberships to support its work. Every library supporter can join for only $10 per year. Family membership is $20, a business membership is $30 and you can become a lifetime member for $250. Join online as a member today . We aim to go paperless as much as possible, but we also have a printable (PDF) membership form that can be mailed with a check. Forms are also available at the library.
Members receive early entry to five used book sales held each year. Books are sold for only $1.00 a pound.
The Friends of the Library appreciates donations! In addition to becoming a member, here are other ways you can donate:
- Donate used books to the Friends of the Library Used Book Sales and Honor Lobby Sales. Books can be brought to donation boxes at the library, and at the El Dorado Hills locations of Raley's and Safeway grocery stores.
- Contribute useful items, books and tchotchkes to the Lobby Gift Basket sales.
- Have your business or ask your favorite business to donate raffle and silent auction items to the annual Night at the Library event. See our Night at the Library wish list for more ways to support that event.
- Financial contributions beyond membership will be put to use immediately.
The organization is run entirely by volunteers. If you are interested in volunteering at a book sale event, helping with another event, or serving the organization as a leader or committee member, please email us.
General/board meetings are held the first Wednesday of each month (no meeting in July). We meet at the EDH Library in the Community Meeting Room at 3:15 to 3:30 p.m. for socializing, and get down to business from 3:30 to 5:00 p.m.
Our leaders for 2019 are:
- President: Anjulika Sharma
- Vice Presidents: Marilyn Marcroft & Ruth Self
- Treasurer: Alice Smolarski
- Secretary: Jennifer Williams
- Membership Chair: Jennifer Williams
- Publicity: Karen Brown
- Development and Fundraising Chair: Karen Purtich
Please email us if you are interested in serving on the Friends of the Library board and active member committee.
Lobby Gift Basket sales are available
during open library hours